Local Author Submission Guidelines
‘Weekends w/Locals’ Author Submission Guidelines
As an independent, family owned business with strong ties to the community, Warwick’s recognizes the importance of supporting local authors and have created a successful ‘Weekends w/Locals’ Program.
Events within the Weekends with Locals (WWL) program include a two hour table signing during store hours, typically on Sunday, with no formal speaking portion. To comply with the current State and Local rules for social distancing due to Covid-19, the following safety guidelines have been instituted at our WWL events:
- The author will be placed at a table outside of the front door of the Book Department.
- A stanchion with rope will be placed in front of the signing table to facilitate social distancing.
- Both authors and customers will be required to wear masks that cover their nose and mouth.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Customers will present the author with a receipt/proof of purchase prior to signing/giving the book to the customer.
- Refreshments for the customer will be prohibited.
Due to the high volume of requests, local authors must meet the following guidelines:
- The author should currently reside within San Diego County limits.
- Your event at Warwick's must be the author's first in San Diego.
- For consideration, authors must first email the Local Author Coordinator at email@example.com with information about the book’s content, target audience, publicity or any other information that will help Warwick’s make an informed decision.
- Please do not submit a copy for review unless requested.
- Acceptance of review copies does not constitute an agreement to carry the title.
- Submitted review copies automatically become property of Warwick’s and will not be returned to the author.
- Any books not selected for the Weekends w/ Locals program will be donated to charity.
- Titles must be fully bound. No manuscript formats will be reviewed.
- Submitted titles must be published within the last calendar year. No older titles will be considered.
- Titles published through CreateSpace or KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing), platforms owned by Amazon, will not be considered. Unlike other publishers and distributors, Amazon's wholesale terms and conditions do not meet industry standards.
- Titles must be available from the distributors of Ingram.
- Titles must be fully returnable to the above distributors.
- Discount from the distributors must be standard “Reg”.
- Authors provide all copies of their title for the event.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, Warwick’s does not accept titles on consignment.