‘Weekends w/Locals’ Author Submission Guidelines
As an independent, family owned business with strong ties to the community, Warwick’s recognizes the importance of supporting local authors and have created a successful ‘Weekends w/Locals’ Program.
Events within the Weekends with Locals program include a two hour table signing during store hours, typically on Sunday, with no formal speaking portion.
Due to the high volume of requests, local authors must meet the following guidelines:
- The author should currently reside within San Diego County limits.
- Your event at Warwick's must be the author's first in San Diego.
- For consideration, authors must first email the Local Author Coordinator at email@example.com with information about the book’s content, target audience, publicity or any other information that will help Warwick’s make an informed decision.
- Please do not submit a copy for review unless requested.
-Acceptance of review copies does not constitute an agreement to carry the title.
-Submitted review copies automatically become property of Warwick’s and will not be returned to the author.
-Any books not selected for the Weekends w/ Locals program will be donated to charity.
- Titles must be fully bound. No manuscript formats will be reviewed.
- Submitted titles must be published within the last calendar year. No older titles will be considered.
- Titles published through CreateSpace, a platform owned by Amazon, will not be considered. Unlike other publishers and distributors, Amazon's wholesale terms and conditions do not meet industry standards.
- Titles must be available from the distributors of Ingram or Baker & Taylor.
-Titles must be fully returnable to the above distributors.
-Discount from the distributors must be standard “Reg”.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, Warwick’s does not accept titles on consignment.