- Check-In starts at 6:15pm.
- Please print out your tickets.
- Seating is first-come, first-served.
- Customers will receive a pre-signed copy of Sea Stories. Additional books will be available for purchase at this event.
- Please enter campus from the west entrance and park in the west lot.
- The event will begin on time, so please allow plenty of time to get from the parking structure to the theater.
- Please call the Warwick's Book Department at 858-454-0347 for more information.
Admiral William H. McRaven (U.S. Navy Retired) is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling book, Make Your Bed. In his 37 years as a Navy SEAL, he commanded at every level. As a Four-Star Admiral, his final assignment was as Commander of all U.S. Special Operations Forces. He lives in Austin, Texas.
Following the success of his #1 New York Times bestseller Make Your Bed, which has sold over one million copies, Admiral William H. McRaven is back with amazing stories of bravery and heroism from his career as a Navy SEAL and commander of America's Special Forces. Admiral William H. McRaven is a part of American military history, having orchestrated some of the most famous missions in recent memory, including the capture of Saddam Hussein, the rescue of Captain Richard Phillips, and the raid to kill Osama bin Laden.
Sea Stories begins in 1963 at a French Officer's Club in Paris, where Allied officers and their wives gathered to have drinks and tell stories about their adventures during World War II - the place where a young William McRaven learned the value of a good story. This is an unforgettable look back on one man's incredible life, from childhood days sneaking into high-security nuclear sites to a day job of hunting terrorists and rescuing hostages. Action-packed, humorous, and full of valuable life lessons like those exemplified in Make Your Bed, Sea Stories is a remarkable memoir from one of America's most accomplished leaders.