This title is not available for purchase.
This title is not currently available.
Here is the first book every prospective doctoral candidate should read. Many students have praised this title’s two previous editions for their ability to convey a sense of order and structure to the formidable task of dissertation writing. This new edition has been updated to account for recent advances in digital technology and the realities of today’s academic world, it presents solid advice on:
- Selecting an advisor and a dissertation committee
- Selecting a dissertation topic
- Investigating existing knowledge on the topic
- Making a dissertation proposal
- Budgeting and scheduling time for research and writing
- Working with the advisor and dissertation committee
- Managing dissertation activities
- Defending and publishing the dissertation
The authors also offer detailed advice on using computer software for storing, retrieving, and analyzing data, as well as for writing the dissertation.